Election FAQs

For more information regarding elections, contact the Town Clerk.


 How do I register to vote?

Wisconsin requires voter registration prior to a person being allowed to vote.
You have 3 options to register:

  1.  By Mail
  2.  In Person
  3.  At the Polling Place on Election Day (Avoid waiting in line on Election Day and register early by mail or in person.)

How to Register to Vote:

  1. Go to My Vote and complete the registration form.
  2. Go to the Wisconsin Elections Commission website and complete the Voter Registration Application.  Return the completed application with proof of residency to the Town Clerk.

How to Request an Absentee Ballot:

  1. Go to My Vote, search for your name, click the Request Absentee Ballot button and fill out the required information.
  2. Download the Application For Absentee Ballot. Complete the form and mail it to the Town Clerk.  Please include a copy of an acceptable form of photo ID unless you are an "indefinitely confined" voter.  Absentee applications must be received by 5:00 pm on Thursday before the election in order for an absentee ballot to be mailed to you. The completed ballot must be received in the clerk's office by 8:00 p.m. on election day in order to be counted. Please verify all information is completed correctly and all required signatures are included on the absentee ballot certification envelope.

Contact the Town Clerk to make arrangements for in-person absentee voting. In-person absentee voting begins as soon as the ballots become available and ends at 5:00 pm on the Friday preceding the election. Ballots requested in-person may NOT be removed from the clerk's office by the voter.

Please refer to the Wisconsin Elections Commission website for complete information about absentee voting.

Where do I vote?
Wyocena Town Hall
119 North Washington
Wyocena, WI  53969
(920) 992-6119

Polls are open from 7:00 am - 8:00 pm

 Voter Photo ID Information

Is there a map that shows what voting district I'm in?
Yes, Columbia County has provided a Town Voting District Map (2012) for the Town of Wyocena.


How do I contact the Columbia County Clerk?
The Columbia County Clerk is located at 112 East Edgewater Street in Portage.  Contact by phone at (608) 742-9654 or by email.